Friday, November 26, 2010

busy busy boy





The stairs are now off limits.  We have finally put up one gate so far.  It's a start.  Going down the stairs was always off limits, but now we have a gate at the bottom so he can't go up whenever he decides to anymore.  Oh, and I was just interrupted by the sound of the dishwasher rack being pulled on.  There he was helping Mommy again.  He is now strapped into his highchair having a snack (for my own sanity...). :)

I shouldn't complain.  It's a blessing to have to put up gates and run after this darling boy.  It means he is healthy and happy.  What a gift from God.  

It sure is invigorating to have a busy child now.  We can play and "talk" and laugh together.  It's quite amazing... I am in love!

Okay, off the Gabriel subject now (for the most part).  I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We traveled up north(west) to Barry's parents' house last weekend.  We were able to see my grandmas on Saturday.  It was a nice visit and we went to the Fryin' Pan!  :) hehe.  Then we went to see my grandma C's brother for a bit before taking the grandmas home and going to my in-laws' house.  What fun we had there too!  It always feels like a relaxing getaway.  It's about 10-15 mins from any town, so it's nice and peaceful with rolling hills and beautiful scenery.  However, I'm such a city (suburb?) girl that it's nice to know they have neighbors just across the road too!  

On Sunday they hosted a very delicious Thanksgiving meal before we had to drive home.  We were able to see ALL of Gabriel's 3 great grandmas that weekend!  Yet another blessing!  One of Barry's sisters came home with us that evening.  She's visiting from AZ.  She is now in WI visiting another sister and seeing the newest baby in the family!  We have yet to meet him.  It's so strange that Gabriel is not the youngest cousin anymore!  PLUS there is another one on the way on that side!  I married into Barry's family when only one of his sisters had 2 boys.  Now my inlaws have 7 grandkids (being prolife-- I count each and every one, obviously including the unborn child!).

Yesterday we spent Thanksgiving at Barry's aunt's house nearby.  Gabriel had so much fun playing with cousins!  One of his aunties bought him these awesome toys for Christmas. *Look in the pic above and you will see them too!*  He loves the pear the most!  Later, my brother and sis-in-law came over with a pan of lasagna.  YUM!!!  We also got some Wii time in!  That's a given.

Today is Barry's mom's birthday!  One week ago today was my mom's birthday too.  We will see Barry's mom tomorrow and Sunday when we travel to WI for the newest baby's baptism.  :)  Yay!  Also, tonight my mom is coming home from a two week stay in IL.  I'm sure it's a bittersweet return.  At least she has a grandson here to love and adore!  It is always interesting to see what he will do when Grandma returns from her trips to see Grandpa.  Gabriel is usually bashful for a little while and then perks up and starts showing off all his new tricks.  One of which is NOT going to be climbing the stairs!  Okay, okay, I'm sure Grandma will take down the gate to see this feat!  Then she will probably take him to the mirror and do their special "Three Little Fishies" dance.

Spoiled busy busy busy busy boy...

No comments:

Post a Comment